DSES: 400: DIPLOMA IN SECONDARY EDUCATION – SCIENCE OPTION
This is a three year program, which at the end of the course students should achieve the following objectives:
- To develop the theoretical and practical knowledge about the teaching profession
- To promote national unity, national development , social equality and responsibility
- To develop teacher awareness, competencies and appreciation of technology in national development.
- To prepare a teacher who can
- Provide sustainable learning opportunities
- Develop learner communicative skills
- Develop learners ability to crirically think and imaginative thinking in problem solving and self expression.
- Develop the individual learners potential abilities to the maximum through a variety of creative learning experiences.
- To develop in the teacher the ability to adopt , change ad appreciate innovation
DSES 401: Education
DSES 402: Environmental education
DSES 403: Physical Education
DSES 404: Communication skills
DSES 405: Entrepreneurship
DSES 406: Information Communication Technology
DSES 407: General Workshop practices
DSES 408: Library and information studies
DSES 409: Guidance and counseling
DSES 410: Mathematics
DSES 411: Physics
DSES 412: Chemistry
DSES 413: Biology
DSES 414: Home economics
DSES 415: Agriculture
DSES 416: Computer studies
DSES 416: English
DSES 416: Kiswahili
Each subject syllabus contains an introduction, course summary, suggested time allocation, general
objectives, specific objectives, content, suggested teaching and learning activities, learning
resources, and assessment method.
A candidate must take two teaching subjects and professional support subjects.
- The course duration is three years
- Practical teaching will be undertaken for two terms
- To be awarded a DSE certificate, the candidate should have successfully completed the practical teaching. (Teaching Practice)
The examination will be conducted externally by the KNEC.
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE C+ plain or KCE Div. 2 or the equivalent
|COURSE CODE||COURSE NAME||COST|
|FULL TIME||SCHOOL BASED||EXAM KNEC|
|DSES 500||Diploma in Secondary Education(sciences||139,740||102,550||15,300|